Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Bundt Cake



The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I have hope in Him.  Lamentations 3:24

I got this recipe over a year ago from my friend Mary T. Miller.  I had forgotten about it and then in my pregnancy cravings remembered it...and had to have it right then!  We loved it!  It is very chocolatey and super moist. It is also a version of a recipe I sent out a long time ago so I'm posting that below for folks who are not as into chocolate as I am!

1 Box yellow cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1/2 C. oil
1.5 C. milk or water
1 pkg. chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients but the chocolate chips with a mixer.  Stir the chocolate chips in by hand.  Put in greased & floured Bundt pan.  Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until done (test for moist crumbs with a toothpick.  You don't want to overbake it and dry it out.)


Serves lots.


Tips:
Whenever a baking recipe calls for water, I have always used milk instead.  So you can use either one with this recipe.  I have mentioned this before but a chocolate chip tip-- they tend to sink to the bottom in recipes like these.  If you stir them in a bowl with a small spoonful of flour, then dump in mix, and gently fold, the flour will help to suspend the chips in the mixture.  No more sinking chip problems!  (if you stir too much, it with take all the flour off and not work so just gently fold a few times.)


Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

1 Box yellow cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 C. vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 C. milk
1 - 1.5 C. chocolate chips

Mix all but chocolate chips with mixer.  Stir chips in by hand.  Pour in greased & floured Bundt pan.  Bake about 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Mix all ingredients but the chocolate chips with a mixer.  Stir in chips.  Pour in a greased & floured Bundt pan.  Bake 350 for about 60 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: