Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rotel Spaghetti




For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?  Matthew 16:26a
(Photo from our beach trip last week which also explains my absence from the blogging world last week!)

This recipe came to me from Katherine Turnage.  A friend of hers compiled 150 recipes that can be prepared in under 30 minutes for the most part. (E-mail me if you want me to send you that recipe e-mail---rushtonwalt@yahoo.com) So, I have started testing some of them because I really need some quick ones.  Even my picky Rollins ate up a whole serving.  Derek liked it so much that he keeps asking me when we are having it again even though we just ate it 2 days ago.  If you are a fan of Rotel dip then you will love this one! Takes almost no time to prepare and makes TONS!!!

1- 1.5 lb. ground beef, browned or 3-4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
I can Rotel
I (16 oz.) block Velveeta Cheese
1 (16 oz.) box spaghetti, cooked
Shredded cheddar to top

Melt Cheese in microwave.  Stir in Rotel.  Mix in the meat/chicken and noodles.  Divide between 2 8x8 greased baking dishes.  Top with shredded cheddar.  (Freeze one and cook the other.)  Bake covered at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until heated through.


Whole recipe serves 8 adults.


Tips:
This is a great recipe to make one for your family and one to give away or freeze.  I used the mild Rotel so it would not be too spicy for the kids and I prefer the ground beef but you can use chicken, ground turkey, whatever.  We also prefer to add one more can of Rotel so that there are even more tomatoes.  Make it earlier in the day and heat at dinner time.



No comments: