Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

Shocker, I know... i decided to add another recipe! I wanted to pass this along because I have tried several Choc. Chip pumpkin recipes over the years but have never loved any I have tried. Most of them have been ones where you add pumpkin to a muffin mix.... so this one is from scratch but it seriously took 10 min. max to mix up and it is so yummy. Not overwhelmingly pumpkin flavored and stay fresh for several days. The ones using mixes only seemed to be good to me when they were fresh from the oven. I'm on day 3 of eating these for breakfast :)





1 2/3 C. Flour
1 C. sugar
1 T. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 C. canned pumpkin
1 stick butter, melted
1 C. chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients. Blend in pumpkin, butter and eggs. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 in greased muffin tins for 15-20 minutes or until done.

Makes 12-16 regular muffins

Tips: Mine took a little longer than 20 min. You can stir it all by hand rather than dirtying up your mixer.

2 comments:

mallory said...

My kids will love these...so excited to make them, and it looks like something I can actual do! Enjoyed today!

The York Family said...

I just made these, and we are devouring them! So good!