Friday, March 18, 2011

Conversations

Conversation #1
I called the place that processes the fingerprints for the FBI and this is how that went:

Ring Ring Ring Ring
On the other line: Hello Rushton.

Is it a good thing for the FBI people to call you by name before you even tell them who you are??

And Yes, I do call a lot! Fingerprints still out in lala land....still resting that God is in control... but still making phone calls! :)

Conversation #2 (in the car today):
Rollins: Anne Rainey, have you ever asked Jesus into your heart?
Anne Rainey: No
Rollins: Do you want to?
Anne Rainey: No

Now, I'm thinking I may be witnessing a budding evangelist and swell with pride to only hear

Rollins: haha haha you are not adopted!!!
Commence screaming and fighting.

Songs for the Journey....
I've started a playlist on my itunes of songs that grab my heart while we are on this journey... I just want to always remember them...how they made me feel... and to share them with our little girl one day. The songs in this playlist have one thing in common... they have all reduced me to tears or at least to a big ole lump in my throat! So, I'll share the lyrics from some from time to time since Derek hates it when blogs have music that pop up... I think because it always scares him and then he feels embarrassed that a blog scared him... or at least that is my analysis... so I'll refrain from doing that. You can listen to it on your own.

Song #1 is an old classic but the lyrics have hit me in a new and fresh way.... particularly the last section! So here is the Beatles with "I Will"

Who knows how long I've loved you
You know I love you still
Will I wait a lonely lifetime
If you want me to, I will.

For if I ever saw you
I didn't catch your name
But it never really mattered
I will always feel the same.

Love you forever and forever
Love you with all my heart
Love you whenever we're together
Love you when we're apart.

And when at last I find you
Your song will fill the air
Sing it loud so I can hear you
Make it easy to be near you
For the things you do endear you to me
Oh, you know, I will
I will.


No comments: