Thursday, June 28, 2012

After the doctor.....

this is what she looks like....one would think they did something major to her since she looks like she has been through the wringer.... but no.... they removed a band-aid and this was the result.  Mei Sims also had an xray and the hip is still in the socket.... but all the technicians started laughing and one finally said "um mom, there is a large hair clip down her cast"  Sure enough, it was the one I spent 10 minutes trying to find in the car this morning.... I was able to dig it out but guess that will be the end of hair clips for now.... I also can't find my Starbucks' gift card she was holding earlier.... hmmmm.  The doctor was in fact amazed at how clean her hiney area was.... so far so good on my summer goal.  We finally made it home after a crazy morning and I put her down for nap.  She screamed and screamed and screamed (she normally goes down very easily).... when I finally went in there, I screamed out loud in shock.... MS was STANDING in her bed!!  I cannot even fathom how this happened.... I put her down on her back and there she was standing and looking every bit in shock just like I was!  The way her legs are positioned, her feet are apart the same width as the bed.... I just can't even begin to understand how she had room to flip over or the strength to then pull up when she can't move anything but her arms... if you could see me now, I have the same look as Mei Sims does in the photo above!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh rushton! you are hilarious! i think you should take this blog to a book publisher! laughed out loud at the hiney area/summer goal line! my hair looks like hers most days anyway and no one removed any bandaids from me! i think you are doing great! laughing your way through life! love, kimberly guy mason

meg said...

I am laughing and smiling!! Just love your family. You guys should be our neighbors cause we are just as crazy!!!
Enjoy and soak in these fun days...