Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fudge Pie


So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.  Romans 14:19

I got this recipe off of a blog I read.  The address is flythroughourwindow.com.  I do not know this girl but know people who do and she has such creative ideas and yummy food.  This is a super quick and easy recipe for those of you who do not have a fudge pie recipe in your archives yet!

1 Stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1/4 C. cocoa powder
1/4 C. self-rising flour
1 C. sugar
1 frozen pie crust (regular, not deep)

Mix together all ingredients in a bowl with a fork or spatula until well-combined.  Do not use a mixer because over mixing will cause the top to rise and crack when baking.  Bake at 300 for 45 minutes.  Let sit at least 10-15 minutes to firm up. (Or bake earlier in the day and leave sitting out until after dinner).

Serves 8.


Tips:
It is rich so it is especially good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Also, I only had a deep-dish pie crust so I doubled the filling.  Then I used almost all of it to fill it almost to the top.  It took longer to bake but turned out great.  I'm such a chocolate freak that I loved having a thicker pie to eat.  If you do this, bake it on a cookie sheet because some pie filling could spill over.

No comments: