Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mama's Mini-Cinnis


But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. Jeremiah 20:11

I have gotten this recipe from a few friends over the years and clipped it from Southern Living. I finally decided to try these...crescent rolls are on sale at Publix so I stocked up. They are so easy and DELICIOUS. The four of us ate a whole pan for breakfast this morning.

2 (8 oz.) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
6 T. butter, softened
1/3 C. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 C. chopped pecans (optional)
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2/3 C. powdered sugar
1 T. milk
1/4 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt

Unroll crescent rolls and separate each dough portion along center perforation to form 4 rectangles total. Press diagonal perforations to seal.

Stir together butter and next 4 ingredients; spread evenly over the tops of all the rectangles. Roll up jellyroll fashion. Gently cut each log into 6 (1-inch-thick) slices, using serrated knife. Place rolls, 1/4 inch apart into 2 greased round cake pans.

Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Cool 5-10 minutes. Stir together powdered sugar and remaining ingredients. Drizzle over warm rolls.


Makes 2 dozen
Southern Living

Tips:
I cut the recipe in half for my family. You can make them the night before and bake the next morning. I even mixed up the icing and kept it in the fridge overnight and then microwaved it to make it runny the next morning. You can also bake them, let them cool and freeze them for later... although they are the best when fresh in my opinion.

No comments: