Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mojo Pork Tenderloin

He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I will not be greatly shaken. Psalm 62:2

This recipe was passed along to me by Kate McKnight. I'd been meaning to try it for a while and this week needed something super easy to prepare dinner...it is WONDERFUL!!!! I have never in my life had pork tenderloin that was SO tender. I couldn't even get it out of the pyrex dish because it kept just falling apart. We all devoured it. Go ahead and cook 2 tenderloins and use the other one to make yummy sandwiches as leftovers.

Pork Tenderloin (trim any major fat off)
Bottle of MOJO sauce (in the ethnic food section)
2-4 dried bay leaves
1 onion, sliced
garlic salt

Place the pork in a pyrex dish. Use the tip of a knife to make a few slices into the top of the pork, to allow the sauce to seep down into it when you pour it over the top. Sprinkle with garlic salt, add bay leaves and top with the onion. Pour about 1/2 of the bottle over the pork. Cover it with foil to seal tightly. Cook covered at 300 for 3-4 hours.

Serves 4-6 (if using 2 tenderloins)

Tips:
I cooked mine for 3 hours and it great. I think you could even cook it shorter if you test the doneness of the meat with a meat thermometer. Mine was WELL over the recommended temperature at 3 hours so next time I will try it for 2 hours and check it. You could also do this in a slow cooker. Serving ideas include: with yellow rice and black beans, with wild rice & squash or with couscous and a salad. Also, the publix brand mojo sauce is great and cheaper than the name brand. It is kind of hidden on a bottom shelf at my Publix.

No comments: