Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Triple Chocolate Cookies (old recipe)

“Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hope is in you alone.” Psalm 33:22

My plan was not to ‘test’ the recipes sent to me by all of you, but when Amy Whitson e-mailed this to me I knew I had to make them. They are delicious and make tons. I tried them without white chocolate chips and added a bag of the toffee chips with bits of chocolate…yummy!

2 sticks butter, softened
2/3 C. brown sugar
2/3 C. white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
2 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. cocoa powder
1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg. white chocolate chips
Variation: Omit white chocolate chips and sub. 1 bag of toffee bits

Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla together until smooth. Add eggs, baking soda, and salt. Add flour and cocoa a little at a time until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes.

Makes 3-4 dozen.

Tips:
It can be hard to tell if they are done because they are brown but better to be underdone than over done. Just make sure the center looks cooked through.

No comments: