Friday, March 2, 2012

Good morning from hong kong

Yesterday was the eternal day of travel.... 2 plane rides, 4 movies, 3 magazines, one book, and too many meals to count later... We finally arrived in hong kong. Try as we may, we could not fall asleep on the plane, so after eating an awesome pizza and having a hot shower, we finally hit the hay and could end our insane 28 hours of wakefulness!!! I was hoping to sleep until noon but we woke up well rested at 7 a.m. Thanks for all your prayers. The kids are doing great at my parents. We had a very tearful goodbye with rollins that about ripped my heart out.... But he has already convinced my dad to take him to target to get some new toys so I think all is well now for him. We will take a train this afternoon with our friends the millers to get to Guangzhou.... Should be interesting considering the massive amount of luggage there is between the 2 families. It is such a blessing to have a friend on our travels and makes home not feel so far away. As I went to bed, I couldn't help but think that mei sims only has two more nights in the orphanage....we are so so excited that it is hard to even put in words... More from Guangzhou tomorrow!

No comments: