(This will be my last post before we leave)
We covet your prayers as we get ready to head out. I wanted to give you are general idea of my requests, so that you can join with us in lifting them up before the Lord. Derek and I were talking last night about how awesome it is to feel so loved and supported by the body of Christ…. We are truly thankful!
Rollins, Anne Rainey & Henry-
- Pray for their safety
- Pray that they would feel love, peace, encouragement & joy while they wait for us to come home since this will be the longest we have ever been apart.
Mary & Henry (my parents)-
- Pray that the Lord would give them supernatural strength and stamina as they chase our 3 around. Also, that they’d have wisdom on how to restructure their life and activities for the next two weeks.
Derek & Rushton-
- Pray for a hedge of protection to surround us as we travel and in our health.
- Pray for our time in china to be a time of deepening in our walks with the Lord.
- Pray for wisdom, peace and comfort when we face hard moments with Mei Sims.
- Pray for God to prepare her.
- Pray that the presence of the Lord would be so real to her and be a source of comfort. The first verse I ever prayed for her was Zephaniah 3:17… so I continue to pray that God would quiet her with his love & rejoice over her with singing.
- Pray for her to be able to attach well to us & feel safe with us.
- March 1st- Our travels begin!
- March 5th- Gotcha Day!! (It will be at midnight Sunday night for everyone back home)—pray that God’s presence & peace would be so real for us that day.
- March 9th- Trip to her orphanage. (This will potentially be a very hard day for her so pray that God would go before us and with us and prepare her to have closure with that chapter in her life.)
Prayers for her birthmom-As we go to leave, I can’t help but have my mind drift back to her mother who carried her for those long 9 months. I feel like I will have a curious eye when we are in her hometown…. Thinking with each women who passes by…. Could that be her? My prayer is that the Gospel would find her…. That Jesus would seek her out… and that she might have a supernatural peace & comfort that her baby is well taken care of… and that we might have a reunion in heaven one day!